Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Inspiration

None. Nadaa..zero...Its been 3 weeks, and I have been going back and forth with the same damn personal essay for my application. This is my 3rd time rewriting it and I will never be confident to submit my essay. What is a good admission essay? 
I purchased a book yesterday at Barnes and Nobles Union Square- 50 Successful Ivy League Application Essay and my thoughts on it- it was lame. How the hell did these people get into ivy leagues relating life with a piece of bacon? FYI...I am NOT applying to Ivy League schools, how I wish. 

So What is a good essay? The book and many schools said be authentic, be yourself, tell us ur life stories. I get it. But how do you present the essay? is it in a story telling mode i.e tears-were- falling  OR a factual straight forward mode i.e I-cried-my-ass-off?

Again, what is a good essay?

2 comments:

  1. A good essay is a good essay... hehe.. so up till now, have u submit you essay? if yes, then get ur ass up back to m'sia..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks honey, just finally read my comment.I am done with my apps..and we will see.

    ReplyDelete