

Stranger at spot asked me how was my day today, and I hesitated before I told him, "I'm good" with a smile on my face. Well the stranger was a hot young guy that took my order at Spot Coffee House down my favorite walking strip, Elmwood Ave. While waiting for the register to print my receipt, he asked me again, "How is your day going so far?" I answered, "Is it that obvious?" with a nervous giggle (yeah I giggled). He then answered me, "Yes, It's obvious that the day is not going too well for you, what's up". I don't know how we had more time to talk then just telling him my orders since Spot is ALWAYS crowded. I finally told him, "its been frustrating and disappointing so far" and he ended our conversation by saying "Well, I hope everything for you goes well after this". That small conversation from a stranger made my day slightly better or I guess easier. Whatever my emotions were at that moment, walking into Spot and putting my orders in were reflected all over my damn face, as even a stranger can read my emotions.
I guess a stranger knows and can read whats written all over your face well compared to your own friends. Because your friends see you everyday, til they can't even notice the slight discomfort emotion you have. Its like If you are losing weight, the people that sees you every day can't even tell the differences because they see you almost everyday, but if there is someone who havent seen you in a long time, they can tell the differences in your weight. Well the point is, Maybe a stranger knows you better than your love ones. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment