Saturday, June 12, 2010

LolaMustRun Dress Code For Work

Alright, I'm starting work on Monday and Im having trouble packing my clothes to KL & JB. So right now, I am having trouble sleeping. I know for a fact I would not worry about the way I dress in the States, but here I have to be very cautious as not too overdress or too revealing. Let me make myself clear, I am not the sexy kinda person, far from it, I wear clothes that pleases my mood at the time but I feel like the bundle of wardrobe I have is useless for my job.

Well the dilemma is this:
First: got to worry what I should wear in KL, which is not half as bad
Second: what I should wear in Pasir Gudang as I heard that the way people dress there is business casual, whatever that means.Well to me that means shitty yucky clothes.

However, the Main MAIN problem is to dress appropriately decent to a MUSLIM and Malaysian Standard. **sigh**

MY dress code as to what I prefer for work:

1)Professionally I like my clothes to be neat- so basically clothes that are fitted. I hate clothes that are loose/rumpled as it looks very uhm..selekeh(sloppy). I hate ill-fitted clothes or look, ON ANYONE.. Just so unprofessional. By Malaysian standard, the fitted clothes might be a little too tight? but to me its just professional. :)

2) At the same time I am fashionable, well i think I am, and dont you dare judge my fashion sense! By Malaysian standard, it might be overdress? or too loud? but trust me not that sexy kinda clothes. Just cute.:P.. Thus, I might be having trouble in Pasir Gudang. As for now, I already packed a few of my old clothes like OLD OLD clothes in thinking that I would fit right in over there. Hopefully I will.

3)My wardrobe is not considered sexy at all. but I think I would be all weird out in trying to wear a dress to work? UGH... and working in I think 80% Malay company is not helping me (this is another story).

So what should I do? Sigh........

dont tell me I shud just throw everything in my suitcases because there wont be enough space, and when it comes to my clothes, I'm very organized.

1 comment: